Thursday, March 3, 2011

Uh Oh . . .

The suitcase is on the floor.  And she's making a mess of clothes on the bed.  Oooo, that strappy thing looks like it would be fun to chew.  Oh darn, she just saw me inching towards it and took it away from the bed.  She's a smart one, I have to say.  

This must mean Mama is traveling.  Papa has been missing for a couple days; I wonder if she's going to where he is.  Last time the suitcases were out, I heard them talking, and you know where they went?

NAPA. 

I will let the significance of that place in relation to my name sink in for a couple seconds.  To say I was miffed is putting it lightly.  Mama said something about a long flight and it being stressful but all I heard was blah, blah, blah.  Merlot wants vino!  I AM vino, for goodness sake.

However, there is a silver lining to my humans going on vacation.  I get to go to doggy daycare for 4 days straight.  You know the phrase, "When the cat's away, the mice come out to play"?  Hehehehe. Time to Party Party!  Doggies know how to get down.

As an aside, whoever coined that phrase obviously preferred cats over dogs.  Dogs, Merlot included, are not a fan of this person.

3 comments: